teacher and mentor links
This list is not exhaustive, but it is a great start from links we’ve compiled. If you find another useful resource, please let us know. We make no claims against the validity or value attached to any other website or service. This list is for informational purposes only.
- Logics Academy
- $50 subscription http://logicsacademy.com
- Preview http://learn.logicsacademy.com/courses/author/38340
- Buy http://learn.logicsacademy.com/courses/enrolled/mbot-premium-lesson-package
Kids Scratch 2.0 Course
Scratch 2.0 the adventures of Mike has nine chapters. It can guide you to explore the world of Scratch 2.0 by creating a lot of interactive stories, games and animation. Click here to download it.
Instructables Robot Class
- Building robots is fun, easy, and can be done by nearly anyone. My class guides you through four beginner projects, introducing new knowledge and skills along the way.
- During the first half of the class you will build three simple bots which will familiarize you with the fundamentals of robot-building. Over the second half of the class you will build an advanced telepresence robot using a microcontroller and sensors.
Brilliant Labs mBot
- Scratch, has allowed our students to become masters of event based coding, however many students still have the impression that “coding” or programming means that their set of newly minted instructions that they have created exist only within the confines of the computer monitor. What the mBot enables students to realize is that learning to code empowers them with the ability to physically manipulate and control the world around them. While this thought likely brings concern to our minds, as we think about a small army of classroom robots carrying our morning coffee away from our needy hands, it is important to realize that our students will be the engineers of the most innovative robotic platforms our world has ever seen.